DWI services in Concord, NC.
Got a DWI? Not sure what to do next? If you have been convicted of a DWI (Driving While Impaired), you must get a substance use assessment. You must also complete either an education program or treatment program. If you fail to submit to a breath test or if you are registered over 0.14%, you will be referred to treatment.
1. To get your driver's license re-instated, you must complete a Substance Use Assessment.
2. All assessments must be conducted in person by a qualified or certified substance abuse professional.
3. You will need to bring a copy of your citation and documentation of your BAC to the assessment. An assessment requires a fee of $100.00. The assessment is composed of a standardized test and a clinical interview.
4. The assessor will obtain your "Complete Driving History" from the DMV.
5. Your assessment is good for 6 months. The clinical substance abuse assessment for persons with a DWI offense is valid for 6 (six) months. If an individual does not begin services within 6 (six) months of the completion of the clinical substance abuse assessment, a new substance abuse assessment is required, in order to ensure the inclusion of all current and relevant information to recommend the appropriate level of care. An additional fee will be required.
6. Assessments must follow American Society of Addiction Medicine criteria to determine your needs.
7. The provider is required to inform you of other local providers who offer the service you need.
8. The provider may not charge a fee to transfer your case to another in-state provider.
9. The provider may charge for special services and for handling out-of-state cases.
Have additional questions? Stop holding your breath, and Breathe! Give us a call today, 704-782-3050. Breathe., LLC is an approved provider with the state of North Carolina to provide DWI assessments and treatment.
Alanna is the Owner and Clinical Director of Breathe., LLC. Alanna is a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, Registered Yoga Instructor, and Certified Heartmath Trainer. Alanna has over 20 years of experience working in the addictions field. Alanna takes a holistic approach when working with clients, combining the mind, body, and spirit in counseling.