I got a DWI. What do I need to do in to get my license back?
You must obtain a certificate of completion. A certificate of completion can be obtained by: Completing a substance abuse assessment at an authorized NC DWI Services provider, and completing the recommended level of treatment or education (ADETS) at an authorized NC DWI Services provider.
I need an assessment for my DWI charge, where do I go to do this?
You must complete your assessment at an authorized DWI Services Provider.
What do I need to bring to the DWI assessment?
1. Documentation of Blood Alcohol Content
3. Picture ID
How much will my DWI assessment cost?
What requirements would I have to meet to be eligible to be referred to Alcohol and Drug Education Traffic School (ADETS) instead of treatment?
• You have no previous DWI offense conviction in your lifetime, and, you did not refuse to submit a chemical test, and your BAC was 0.14% or less at the time of your arrest, and
• Your assessment does not identify a substance abuse handicap (i.e. a substance use disorder, mild, moderate or severe).
How much does ADETS (education program) cost?
If I don’t qualify for ADETS (education), what are the other levels of treatment that I could be recommended to complete?
• Short Term Outpatient Treatment - (Minimum of 20 contact hours over a minimum of 30 days)
• Longer Term Outpatient Treatment - (Minimum 40 contact hours over a minimum of 60 days)
• Day Treatment/Intensive Outpatient Treatment - (Minimum 90 hours over a minimum of 90 days)
• Inpatient/Residential Treatment - (Minimum 90 days)
I’m still confused, what can I do? Breathe. Call us today and we will answer any questions you have, 704-782-3050.
Alanna is the Owner and Clinical Director of Breathe., LLC. Alanna is a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, Registered Yoga Instructor, and Certified Heartmath Trainer. Alanna has over 20 years of experience working in the addictions field. Alanna takes a holistic approach when working with clients, combining the mind, body, and spirit in counseling.